Lateral Sealing Process 'A worldwide problem now has a simple solution'
Basic municipal infrastructure was built largely between 30 and 60 years ago. Many existing pip pipe networks such as water mains and sewers have succumbed to age related deterioration, distribution due to ground movement and other forms of stress.
Many Irish towns have busy, narrow streets. Traditional approaches to rehabilitating pipe networks have relied of excavation. This can be an expensive and disruptive process.
The Solution: Replacement without digging
The ‘no-dig’ method has proven to be the best solution in terms of the total cost of the repair of the system. It is also a very fast and reliable alternative, and a long lasting one – the Lateral Sealing system displays a high degree of durability and strength. Click here to see a demonstration of the Lateral Sealing system process.
Inpipe’s No-Dig system is used for gravity-flow and pressurised supply pipes. The pliable, seamless, glass-fibre reinforced liner is pressed right against the walls of the old pipe using compressed air. Once in place, a unique train of ultraviolet lights hardens the liner.
All Lateral Sealing liner materials have a very high level of strength and durability to their surroundings. The product complies with all known environmental and strength requirements currently in force.
The inpipe production process has quality assurance to ISO9001:1994. Every stage, from development to production to marketing is quality assured and documented. This means that you are guaranteed products which are fully commensurate with your requirements and our specifications every time.
A Flexible Solution
The Lateral Sealing system can be applied to a wide variety of systems.
- Dimension range between150-1200 mm.
- Laminate thickness ranges between 3-10 mm.
- Compact, flexible equipment means that installation can be carried out in restricted spaces.
- Installation time is kept to a minimum with the ultraviolet curing light method for hardening the liner. Activities around the installation site proceed without disturbances, and the pipe system can resume normal operation the very same day.
- Complete process monitoring and documentation is possible using the ultraviolet curing light technique.
Better Materials for a Better Environment
At the heart of the Lateral Sealing system is the patented, continuous braid of corrosion resistant glass-fibre that forms a seamless tube. This unique method provides the framework for a stable and durable new pipe.
- The excellent flexibility and strength of the liner allows thin liner walls, which in turn allows a maximum diameter of the renovated pipe.
- The glass-fibre reinforcement provides a structural liner strength which complies with all stringent requirements.
- Perfectly sealed lateral connections to the mains.
- The ultraviolet method makes the process of installing more economical and cleaner than conventional methods.
- Throughput qualities are improved considerably thanks to the smooth inner wall of the liner.
- The inner and outer layers of protective foil guarantee environmentally-friendly handling.
- Pliable, glass-fibre braid ensures a corrosion-resistant end product with a long service life.
- Custom-made according to ring stiffness, length and diameter thereby giving optimal operational performance for each application.
Lateral Sealing is a glass fibre reinforced composite lining system for sewers cured in place by ultra violet light. Lateral Sealing is an advanced close-fit cured-in-place-pipe (CIPP) manhole to manhole sewer lining system.